DragonBoost attacked my computer, and it caused poor performance to the contaminated system. My computer became stuck and frozen up easily. I don't know why my advanced antivirus failed to pick up the adware virus. How can I get rid of this adware infection completely? If you failed to deal with the adware virus, please read this post and follow removal guide below to save your computer immediately.
DragonBoost INTRODUCTION:DragonBoost is a questionable adware rogue that appears entirely like other real search engine and claims to give effective search results. After being infected with DragonBoost, there will be a tough battle ahead of you. At first, you may receive system error pop-ups and won't be able to run some regular programs normally. Then DragonBoost will bring lots of visitors by showing annoying pop-up ads and sponsored links. DragonBoost can drop down and install additional programs onto your computer in the background without your consent.
However, whenever you use any coupon that DragonBoost display to you, it either generate money or at least benefited from it. DragonBoost installs automatically in conjunction with the free software that you downloaded either from any nasty source or from any unknown website or torrent. That's why most of the people couldn't discover how this adware penetrates in their browsers. In a word, DragonBoost is a huge threat. Therefore, you should get rid of DragonBoost immediately before it creates more trouble.
INFECTED SYMPTOMS:DragonBoost overrides the default settings of the infected browsers.
DragonBoost can propagate via e-mail to contact in your address book.
DragonBoost related with Browser Hijacker virus, both of them can display tons of annoying advertisements or pop up windows.
DragonBoost infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere. You can't do anything just with the pops up.
DragonBoost may install additional spyware to your computer.
How does DragonBoost get inside your system?Install a powerful anti-malware program such on your computer, and regularly install updates for it.
Don't click on bogus ads or coupons that pop up in websites which you think not safe.
Make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and that any security patches have been applied.
Download software from the Internet only when you are certain that it is from a trustworthy source.
Scan for malware before you using any external storage devices on your computer.
Be very wary of any emails from unknown people. Don't click on links in the email message or open the attachments.
Important Note : You can follow the manual removal instructions to completely get rid of DragonBoost if you have sufficient computer skills and experience. But if you are an average computer user, it is not recommended to perform the manual removal because you will ruin your computer if you delete the wrong files and registry entries. To safely and completely remove the adware from your computer, you can download a professional removal tool and use it to perform an automatic removal.
Manually Remove the Adware by Following the Guide.
Step 1: Remove the adware from Control Panel.
1. Windows 8: Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program. Remove the adware and other unknown programs from your computer.
2. Windows XP: Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Programs and Features. Remove the adware and other unknown programs.
3. Windows 7/Vista: Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program/ Programs and Features. Remove the adware and other unknown programs.
Step 2: Disable the adds-ons and extensions of the adware.
1. Internet Explorer: Tools (gear icon for Windows XP users) -> Manage add-ons -> Toolbars and Extensions. Disable the extensions related to the adware and any other unknown add-ons.
2. Google Chrome: Click menu -> Tools -> Extensions. Disable the extensions related to this adware.
3. Mozilla Firefox: Firefox (tools) -> add-ons -> Extensions. Disable or remove the extensions related to this adware.
Step 3: Search for and delete the files created by DragonBoost from your computer.
Step 4: Get rid of the registry entries of the adware from Registry Editor.
1. Press Windows + R keys together, input regedit into the Run box and click on OK to open Registry Editor.
2. When Registry Editor opens, find out and get rid of all the registry entries of the adware as follows:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" =Random