I have was able to accidentally set up this Search.sidecubes.com computer virus on our PC. Because of presence Will this Search.sidecubes.com page damage my computer somehow? I have it as my homepage for a long time. Recently, I have been informed that it belongs to a kind of computer threat. I was worried that if my computer has already been corrupted by this infection. How do I get it off from my system? I have Windows XP on my computer by the way. Any advice?
More Information about Search.sidecubes.com:Search.sidecubes.com is classified as a browser hijacker and you should not consider it to be yet another ordinary website. It can block your access to many of your favourite websites and declare itself as the default homepage of the browser concerned. It has attacked number of computers in United States and other parts of North America and it marks renaissance of Trojan computer hijackers. The most irritating thing about this malware is that it pretends to display itself as a legitimate part of the Windows Security System update. In the due course of time it will block access to any of the files and other folders present in the hard disk.
Search.sidecubes.com is installed clandestinely into the Windows machine and it would cause untold damage to the operating system later on. This infection is a result of accessing porn related sites and downloading stuffs from illegitimate domains. It can even travel from one PC to another through junk emails and peer to peer file sharing. Since it is able to run in the background most of the times, hence it consumes a lot of system resources. Hence you will find that the processing speed of the computer has reduced and the machine takes a lot of time to respond to your commands. If you don't remove Search.sidecubes.com within a stipulated period of time, it will spell doom into the hard drive and destroy everything.
The following could happen when your browser is hijacked by Search.sidecubes.com:1) Your home page is changed to Search.sidecubes.com or other unknown websites.
2) The default search engine is replaced with another one without permission.
3) You can't navigate to certain web pages like home pages of security software and fail to download security tools.
4) When click on some links in legit pages or type certain URLs in the search bar, you may get re-directed to pages you never intended to visit.
5) Many ads pop up on your screen, which interrupts your online working.
6) Some unfamiliar toolbars are added and displayed on your browsers.
7) Your Bookmarks or Favorites contain several strange contents that not added by you.
8) Your web browser starts to run sluggishly and even the whole computer performs slower and slower.
Attention: Wish to stop the constant Search.sidecubes.com pop-up ads? Can't remove the unwanted program from Control Panel? We highly recommend you to download and install an advanced removal tool to scan your system and delete all malicious threats or unwanted applications easily.
Automatically remove Search.sidecubes.com with a professional tool:
1. Restart the computer.
2. Press F8 immediately after pressing the restart button.
3. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
4. In this mode, you should be able to access the Internet and download this professional malware removal tool.
How is Search.sidecubes.com distribute?Search.sidecubes.com is usually installed to computers when users download free programs from the Internet. It may come together with free music or video players, PDF creators and similar programs without properly notifying computer users about changing their homepage to Search.sidecubes.com. In order to avoid getting your computer infected with this annoying tool you should always choose a Custom installation mode and make sure you don't allow adding any unknown programs or making changes in your browser settings.
Manually remove Search.sidecubes.com.
Step 1: Stop all suspicious processes in task manager.
(Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.).
Step 2: Uninstall any programs related to Search.sidecubes.com from Control Panel.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Click on the Control Panel and then click Uninstall a program.
3. Remove any suspicious programs.
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Click the Control Panel and then select Add or Remove Program.
3. Uninstall any suspicious programs.
1. Press Win+R.
2. Type in control panel and then click OK.
3. Choose the Uninstall a program.
4. Eliminate any suspicious programs.
Step 3: Reset your browsers.
Remove it from IE
click on Tools and Internet Options
click Advanced and Reset?shy;
In Reset Internet Explorer settings , select Delete personal settings check box, click Reset button
restart your IE to check
Remove it from Mozilla Firefox
Click Help and then Troubleshooting Information
Click Reset Firefox button to reset your Firefox settings
Remove it from Google Chrome
click Tools and Extensions
remove all the unwanted or unfamiliar Extensions via clicking the Trash Can Icon
go to Settings, Show Advanced Settings
restore browser settings back to the original defaults and conform it.
Step 4. Delete related malicious registry entries.
Open Registry Editor by pressing Window+R keys together.
(another way is clicking on the Start button and choosing Run option, then typing into Regedit and pressing Enter. )
Delete all the vicious registries as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Default_Page_URL" =